Monday, December 10, 2012

Three-Bean Chili

I know, I know. I'm WAY behind on my knitting posts, but I really wanted to share this. I made it tonight and will definitely be made again.

-----
Three-Bean Chili

2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 1/2-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14 1/2-ounce) (roughly 1 3/4 cups) can vegetable broth
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
Toppings of your choice

Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to pan; saute 3 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup water and next 9 ingredients (through diced tomatoes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes. Stir in cornmeal; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with your favorite toppings.

Onion, pepper, and garlic sauteing away.

Everyone into the pot!

It was delicious.

1 comment: